What is Nanofractional?
Nanofractional radiofrequency (RF) is an advanced nonsurgical skin resurfacing treatment. By stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, nanofractional diminishes textural irregularities and other signs of skin damage such as scarring and uneven skintone. A series of nanofractional RF treatments creates a smoother, healthier and younger-looking complexion with little to no downtime and lasting results.
Benefits of nanaofractional
Venus Versa Nanofractional RF for skin resurfacing and collagen remodelling can also improve:
- Acne scars
- Enlarged pores
- Skin laxity
- Stretch marks
- Uneven skin texture
- Dyschromia (pigmentation)
What you can expect
Before the procedure:
- Before undergoing treatment with nanofractional RF, be diligent about sun protection and optimise your skincare routine. Avoid products with active ingredients ( retinols, vitamin C, AHA, BHA) for 3-5 days prior to your treatment.
- Skin will be cleansed and prepped for treatment. Any metal piercings will either be removed or covered during treatment.
The Nanofractional pulses generate heat in the dermis and cause tiny micro-dermal wounds on the skin’s surface. This triggers the body’s own natural healing response and also the production of new collagen. The entire process allows for visible signs of skin damage to repair.
- The most common side effects associated with Venus Viva nanofractional are redness and swelling ( comparable to a sunburn feeling). These side effects peak within hours. Mild redness or swelling can last for one to two days, depending on the settings used during treatment, and can easily be camouflaged with makeup after the first 24 hours.
- Avoid your daily skincare routine for atleast 24 hours. After that period you can go back in with a mild cleanser and moisturizer ( avoid actives for atleast 5-7 days)
- Skin may become rough and textured for up to the two week healing time, this is the process of your skin resurfacing and slothing off old skin cells to prepare for new ones. avoid picking at your skin and allow it to go through the full cycle. This may include: purging, roughness/texture, & redness/ discolouration.